In this article I would like to share a very special and tasty beef curry. We all know that how to make beef curry but everyone is using different method to make beef curry. Beef contains a lot of fat which helps to increase the taste of Beef dishes. This is Kerala style traditional dish mostly it is preparing in Christian houses. It will be available in some hotels in the name 'Ammachi Special. Its taste is really amazing and it is very spicy dish. This is my favourite dish and I would like to use as the side dish with mashed Tapioca, Chapati and Appam. I used Jamaican Pepper Leaf which has a great smell and taste and it helps to increase the taste of this dish. It also has the taste of coconut slice and Garam masala powder and its gravy is very thick. Its taste is completely a traditional taste and it is looking very attractive with dark Brown colour.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 35 minutes
Decoration - Jamaican Pepper Leaf
Beef - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 2
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 10
Coriander Seeds - 2 tab spoon
Black Pepper Seeds - 15
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Coconut Pieces - 1/4 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Jamaican Pepper Leaf - 2
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Cut beef as small pieces and wash it well and keep it aside.
- Wash green chilli and cut it as small pieces.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well and slice it.
- In a pan, add dried red chilli pieces and coriander seeds and roast it well.
- Remove it from pan and add grated coconut into the pan.
- Roast it well until brown colour.
- To this add black pepper seeds and fennel seeds and roast it well.
- Add turmeric powder at last and stir well.
- Leave it for some times to cool.
- Put this roasted ingredients in a grinder and pour water as required and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add beef pieces, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, green chilli, sliced onion, curry leaves, coconut pieces, Jamaican pepper leaves, masala paste and salt and mix well with hands.
- To this add coconut milk and pour water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook it well and make it thick and keep it aside.
- In a small pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped shallots and curry leaves and fry it.
- Then add garam masala powder and stir well.
- Add this into cooked beef curry and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with Jamaican pepper leaves.
- Serve it with rice, chapati and bread.
- It will have more taste and smell if use fried chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- You can use only shallots instead of using onion.
- You can use fried coconut pieces to get more taste.
- To get softness and save cooking time use tomato paste or lime juice when cook beef.