Black Beans is very famous and popular item which contains fibers. It will be available in almost all super markets. It contains a lot of health benefits and also contains proteins. It helps to reduce cholesterol and heart problems. This is very suitable to everyone especially for vegetarians. Black Beans dishes are very tasty and we can make different tasty dishes with this item. It will become soft after cooking it so its taste is really good. Here, I made Black Beans Pepper fry which is my mother's recipe. You can make stir fry with grated coconut also but here I didn't use Coconut to make this dish. I used Coconut Milk to cook that helps to increase the taste of this dish. This is super combination with hot plain Rice for lunch. I used limited ingredients to make this dish and it is very easy to make at home. Its main tastes are Ginger, Garlic, Cinnamon powder and Fennel seeds powder. Everyone will like this dish so make it and enjoy.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves and Bird's eye chilli
Black Beans - 1 cup
Shallots - 15
Garlic - 2
Ginger - 1 small piece
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- In a pan, add black beans and roast it well.
- Remove it from pan and sock it water overnight.
- Next day, wash it well and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Pour coconut milk and add salt as required.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook it well ( don't over cooked)
- Remove the peel of shallots and garlic and wash it well and chop it well.
- Remove the peel of ginger and wash it well and chop it well.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add chopped shallots, chopped garlic and chopped ginger and fry it.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, and cinnamon powder and stir well.
- To this add cooked black beans and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Add fennel seeds powder when water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Decorate it with fresh curry leaves and Bird's eye chilli and serve it with hot rice.
- You can use water to cook black beans instead of using coconut milk.
- Black beans should not over cooked otherwise taste will change.
- You can use cumin seeds powder instead of using cinnamon powder.
- You can add chilli powder with black pepper powder.
- You can use shallots instead of using onion.
- You have to cook roasted black beans otherwise it will take more time to cook and taste also will change.
|Black Beans Pepper Fry|