Coconut sprout is very soft and very tasty item. Its inside is available with white colour and very soft. Outer portion is available with cream colour. It is very tasty if we use if fresh and it is available in rainy season. It is there in inside of coconut and its size is starting from very small and medium sized coconut sprout is very tasty. It will have good creamy effect and it is very useful to make different tasty dishes. Today I would like to share coconut sprout payasam through this article. I tried this payasam in this year onam celebration first. I have decided earlier to make a different payasam at that day. Normally I was preparing vermicelli, pumpkin and pineapple payasam. But suddenly I got an idea about coconut sprout payasam. I prepared coconut sprout milk shake earlier so I got this new recipe with this coconut sprout. It is very thick payasam and it can use as a dessert after lunch and dinner. You can serve it both hot and cold. I like to have this hot and its taste is entirely different from other payasam. Sago rice is giving more taste and variety feelings. Its taste is increasing because of cashew nut and almond powder. To get good creamy effect I used condensed milk. It has the smell of cardamom powder and mixed taste of raisins, cashew nuts and cherry.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Decoration - Raisins, cashew nuts, cherry and green cherry
Coconut Sprout - 10
Milk - 1 litter
Sago Rice - 1 cup
Cashew nuts Powder - 1 teaspoon
Almond Powder - 1 teaspoon
Condensed Milk - 1 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Raisins - 1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts - 5
Chopped Green Cherry - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Red Cherry - 1 teaspoon
Water - As Required
- Wash coconut sprout well and cut it as small pieces.
- Put it in a grinder and pour a little milk and make it paste.
- Wash sago rice well and put it in a pot.
- Pour water as required and cook it well.
- Then wash it with water for 3 times.
- Strain it through strainer and keep it aside.
- In a pan add pasted coconut sprout and add condensed milk and stir well.
- To this add almond powder and cashew nut powder and stir well for 3 minutes.
- Then add cooked sago rice to this and pour milk and stir well.
- Boil it well and make it well and cardamom powder and stir well.
- Turn off the fire and keep it aside.
- In a small pan, add butter and melt it.
- To this add raisins, cashew nuts pieces, chopped green cherry and chopped red cherry and stir well.
- Add this into payasam and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot or cold.
- You can roast pasted coconut sprout to get more taste.
- You can use coconut milk instead of using milk.
- You can use equal quantity of both coconut milk and milk to make this.
- You can add peanuts to get more taste.
- You can use condensed milk instead of using sugar.
- To get more smell use dried ginger powder.