Delicious dry Prawns curry is very popular dish which can make very easily. It is very spicy dish and it has thick gravy. It is an excellent combination with Bread, Rice and Chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prawns are a sea food item but it doesn't have any bad smell like fish. We can make different tasty dishes with these dried prawns. We need not to spend more time to make this dish because it is very simple method. I have cooked prawns under low flame so every flavour will be there in gravy. To get sour taste I used Gambooge but you can use Tamarind juice if you have. It is very famous delicious Indian recipe and we need not to add more ingredients for masala in prawn's dishes. Its main flavour is Garam Masala powder flavour and grated coconut and coconut oil helps to increase the taste of this dish. This dish is very special to non-vegetarians especially those who likes prawn dishes very much.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Dry Prawns - 1 cup
Onion - 2
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Gambooge - 2
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Put dry prawns in a pan and roast it well.
- Then remove the head and tail of this and wash it well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onions and wash well and slice one onion.
- Chop another one onion and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour 1 teaspoon coconut oil and add sliced onion and stir well.
- To this add chopped garlic and chopped ginger and stir well.
- Add curry leaves to this and stir well.
- To this add coriander seeds and roast it well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and stir well.
- To this add grated coconut and stir well.
- Then add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for some times to cool.
- Put it in a grinder and pour water as required and salt and make it paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add this masala paste and pour water and add chopped onion.
- Then add washed Gambooge when it starts to boil.
- Then add roasted prawns and mix well and add salt.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and make it thick and turn off the fire.
- In a small pan, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil and add curry leaves and fry it.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with curry leaves and serve it with hot rice.
- You can use prawns without roast it.
- You can use only shallots instead of using onion.
- If you need you can add black pepper powder.
- You can use fried dry red chilli powder paste instead of using red chilli powder.