Today I have made a variety taste Goan style spicy pork curry. This dish method of preparation is very different. We can make vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes in Goan style. Goan style dishes are usually considering as very tasty dishes. Goan style dishes are making little bit spicy. We can get this type of dishes in hotels and restaurants now a day. I tasted this dish from a hotel which is located in Bangalore. I liked its taste very much so I tried to get this recipe details and made it in my house. I got its real taste and everyone in my family like this very much. It has the mixed taste of spicy, sour and salt and also has the good smell of masala. Its main flavours and smell are ginger, garlic and cumin seeds. You can serve it as the side dish with chapati, bread and rice.
Cooking Time - 40 minutes
Pork Pieces - 1/2 kg
Garlic - 3
Ginger - 1 small piece
Cinnamon - 1 small piece
Cloves - 3
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 10
Coriander Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Pepper Corns - 10
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Vinegar - 2 tab spoon
Tamarind - Small Gooseberry Size
Vegetable Oil - 1 tab spoon
Hot Water - 1/4 cup
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash pork well and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of ginger and garlic and wash well and crush it and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and add dried red chilli, coriander seeds, Pepper Corns and fry it.
- Then add cinnamon and cloves and fry it.
- Turn off the fire and add turmeric powder and stir well and leave it for cool.
- Put it in a grinder and add salt and pour vinegar and make it paste and keep it aside.
- Sock tamarind in hot water for some times.
- Then squeeze it well and strain this water through strainer.
- Heat a pan and add pieces of pork and roast it well under medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove the fat from it and take pork pieces and keep it aside.
- In another big pan, heat vegetable oil and add cumin seeds and fry it.
- To this add crushed ginger and garlic and it.
- To this add chopped onion and stir well for some times.
- To this add pasted masala and stir well until remove raw taste.
- To this add tamarind water and mix well and add salt as required.
- Then add dry roasted pork pieces and stir well.
- To this pour water as required and cover the pan with lid and cook it well.
- Make it thick and turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with chapati, bread and hot rice.
- To get more taste and thickness add pork liver with pork pieces.
- You can use ginger and garlic paste instead of using crushed ginger and garlic.
- It is better to add fried cumin seeds powder.
- You have to use well cooked pork.
- You can add masala based on your preferences and taste.