I think that I need not explain about the taste of chicken dishes. Chicken is very popular and it is used by non-vegetarians. Chicken is very soft meat and chicken pieces with bone are tastier. Chicken is highly demanded non vegetable item in shop because it is using for homely needs and celebration, functions or special occasions. Its price is little bit less comparing other meat items so its demand will increase. We can't avoid chicken dishes for wedding, birthday, Christmas and Easter. Chicken is mainly used to make or try new dishes or recipes. Chicken dishes will be available in all non-vegetarian hotels and restaurants. Chicken is using in every states and countries. Today, I made a special chicken roast that is called as masala chicken roast. Actually I can't express its taste by words that mean its taste is amazing or unimaginable. We will get its taste when we make it. I made it as an experiment but it is really good and tasty. Today is Sunday so I decided to make a new dish with chicken earlier so I made it today. It is very spicy and contains the smell of masala, taste of butter and creamy effect of thick coconut milk. You can serve it with hot rice, chapati, bread and appam for breakfast, lunch and dinner. To get the exact taste of this dish use it with hot. I used only traditional ingredients to make this dish. Chicken will become soft due to lime juice. Its main flavours are cumin seeds and cinnamon stick. It is very good to serve guests because it gives a new and variety experience. Try this tasty dish and enjoy well.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
Chicken - 1 kg
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 3
Cardamom - 3
Cloves - 3
Cinnamon Stick - 2 pieces
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli- 6
Coriander Seeds - 1 tab spoon
Black Pepper Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 tab spoon
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Butter - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seed - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Cut chicken as small pieces and wash it well.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it well and slice it lengthy.
- In a pan, add dried red chillies and coriander seeds and roast it half.
- Then add cardamom, cloves, cumin stick and black pepper seeds and roast it well.
- Then add fennel seeds and roast it well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for some times to cool.
- Then add turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Put it in a grinder and pour a little water and make it thick paste.
- Put this paste in a bowl and add lime juice and salt and mix well.
- Marinate chicken pieces with this masala paste.
- Leave it for 10 minutes to set well.
- In a pan, add marinated chicken pieces, onion, green chilli and curry leaves.
- To this pour coconut milk and cover the pan with lid.
- Cook it well and turn off the fire when water evaporates completely and keep it aside.
- In another pan, pour coconut oil and butter and heat well.
- Then splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves to this and stir well.
- To this add cooked chicken and roast it well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with appam, chapati and bread.