Pineapple is very good fruit which is having freshness flavour. Pineapple contains vitamin C and it is very sweet fruit. Some pineapples will have the mixed taste of sour and sweet. Its smell is really good and it provides extra energy to our body. It is very useful to improve digestion process of human body. We can make a lot of variety tasty dishes with this tasty pineapple fruit. Pineapple fresh juice, pineapple pudding and pineapple salads are the main and common dishes of pineapple.
Today, I made very sweet pineapple payasam. I got very sweet pineapple but good yellow colour was not there. Pineapple payasam has a thick consistency and its method of preparation is very easy. However pineapple will have a little sour taste so I used coconut milk instead of using milk. I used a very little quantity of cardamom powder to get the exact flavour of pineapple because I like this flavour very much. We will get small pieces of pineapple while we have this and that is giving us a variety experience. Condensed milk is giving a creamy effect to this payasam. Sago rice is giving thickness and more taste to this dessert. Let us enjoy with this special pineapple payasam.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Pineapple - 1
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
Jaggery Syrup - 1/2 cup
Sago Rice - 1/2 cup
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 3/4 cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 1 tab spoon
Water - As Required
- Remove the peel of pineapple and wash well and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Put sago rice in a pan and pour water as required and cook it well.
- Then wash it well with water for 3 times.
- Strain it through strainer and take rice and keep it aside.
- Make Jaggery syrup and strain it through strainer and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour ghee and heat it well.
- To this add pineapple pieces and stir well for 5 minutes.
- To this add condensed milk and stir well.
- Then pour medium thick coconut milk and stir well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Then add cooked sago rice to this and stir well.
- Pour Jaggery syrup to this and mix well.
- Add thick coconut milk to this when it starts to boil and stir well.
- Add cardamom powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for some times to cool.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot or cold.
- We have to use good yellow colour pineapple to make payasam and it also helps to get good yellow colour.
- If pineapple has sour taste sock it in sugar syrup for 15 minutes to remove sour taste.
- You can add cumin seeds powder and dried ginger powder if you need.
- You can use butter or coconut oil instead of using ghee and taste will not change.
- To get more taste and smell use fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- You can use sugar instead of using condensed milk and Jaggery syrup.