Everyone likes sweet dishes and snacks very much. We can make many sweet dishes very easily at home. So many people don't know how to make sweet dishes in home. Mainly Keralites are using sweet dishes for their traditional celebrations such as Vishu and Onam. Today, I am going to share one sweet recipe through this that is called as Pumpkin Sweet Raita and it is also known as Pumpkin Sweet Pachadi. This dish is very sweet and it also contains the sour taste of Yogurt. I made this special dish for celebrating Onam. Here made it with Pumpkin which contains a lot of health benefits. This is super combination with hot plain Rice for lunch and I used it with Rice, Sambar and Aviyal. This dish is looking very attractive with natural Yellow colour. I made it little bit different and it has the taste of Cumin Seeds and Mustard Seeds. Raisins and Sugar combination is giving a different taste. It is spicy less dish so it will be healthy and very useful for kids.
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Fried Shallots, Curry leaves and fried red chillies
Yellow Pumpkin Cubes - 1 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar - 1 tab spoon
Raisins Paste - 1 teaspoon
Yogurt - 3 tab spoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 2
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Take yellow colour pumpkin and remove the peel and seeds of it and wash well and cut it as small cubes.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, cumin seeds, 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds and pour a little water and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add pumpkin pieces, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and pour water as required.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and mash it well by using a ladle.
- To this add coconut paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it under low flame for some times.
- Then add sugar and raisins paste and mix well.
- Add yogurt when it starts to boil and mix well for 1 minute.
- Turn off the fire and keep it aside.
- In a small pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallots, dried red chillies and curry leaves and fry it.
- Add this into cooked pumpkin curry and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with fried shallots, curry leaves and dried red chillies.
- Serve it with hot rice.
- It is sweet dishes so don't add more spicy to this and taste will change if we add more spicy.
- You can use jaggery syrup instead of using sugar.
- To get more taste add fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- Try to use yellow colour pumpkin to make this.
- To get thick dish pour water as required otherwise taste will change.