Soya Chunks are mostly using by vegetarians because it is protein rich vegetarian item. It can help to gain more protein in human body and it is considered as a healthy item. Soya Chunks dishes are very tasty and everyone know how to make dishes with this item. We have to sock it in hot water sometimes to get softness and it will cook half at this time. You can make different variety dishes with this soya chunks. I have made soya chunks curry in coconut milk today. I haven't used red chilly in this dish but it is little bit spicy because of pepper powder. I used this method to make chicken and beef dishes earlier and I used the same method and ingredient here and I got good taste. It can use as a side dish with anything for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Its main flavours and smell are garam masala powder, coconut milk and coconut oil. It will be tastier if you use hot dish.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Decoration - Green Chilli
Soya Chunks - 1 cup
Onion - 2
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 6
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 tab spoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 2 cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- In a pot, pour water and heat it well and turn off the fire.
- To this put soya chunks and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then remove hot water and pour cold water and squeeze it 3 times and wash well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well and slice it and keep it aside.
- Wash green chilli and cut it into two pieces.
- In a grinder, put turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, fennel seeds powder, some curry leaves, salt and pour a little water and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour one teaspoon coconut oil and heat it well.
- To this add sliced onion, green chilli and a little salt and saute it well until light pink colour.
- To this add washed and squeezed soya chunks and saute and stir well for 2 minutes.
- To this add thick masala paste and stir well for a minute.
- Then pour medium thick coconut milk to this and stir well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well and make it thick as required.
- To this pour thick coconut milk and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire when it heat slightly.
- In a small pan, heat one teaspoon coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped ginger and chopped garlic and fry it.
- To this add chopped shallots and curry leaves and fry it.
- Turn off the fire and pour it in a cooked curry and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with rice, bread, dosa and chapati.