Tomato is very famous healthy fruit which is available in both houses and market. It is looking very attractive with very good red colour. It contains vitamin C which is very useful to human body. Its colour will be green colour at starting time and it will become red at last. We can make this both to make dishes or curries. Green tomato stir fry is very tasty and famous dish and also we can make stir fry with red tomato. Tomato squash, jam and pickle are very famous and common dishes of tomato. Tomato is very useful to get skin glow, reduce wrinkles and increase skin colour and also helping to keep young and beauty. Its flesh is very soft and it can use directly. In this article, I would like to share tomato coconut curry which is having a creamy effect. We will get a very tasty curry with very less ingredients. I got this recipe details from my mother and she was making it so many times for the side dish with appam and chapati but it is super combination with hot rice. It is medium spicy curry and very good vegetable curry. This recipe is useful to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It has the taste and smell of cumin seeds and grated coconut. It is traditional recipe and taste is really good.
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Tomato - 5
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 springs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash tomato well and slice it lengthy.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash green chilli and cut into two pieces.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, cumin seeds, a little salt and pour water as required and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add sliced tomato, sliced onion, green chilli pieces, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, curry leaves, salt and water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it half under low flame.
- To this add coconut paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it well.
- Turn off the fire when it became thick as required and keep it aside.
- In a small pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- To this add curry leaves and fry it.
- Add this into cooked tomato curry and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain rice, chapati and bread.
- We have to sock tomato in vinegar and salt water for 1 hour if it is from market.
- To get more taste and smell cook tomato in coconut milk instead of using water.
- You can add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder when we make coconut paste.
- You can add chopped shallots while splutter mustard seeds.