This is completely a traditional dish and this was using long years ago. I know that everyone knows about this dish and it is usually serving as the evening snack with hot tea. This is an excellent snack dish for children when they coming back from schools because this is giving energy to them. This is the common and favourite item for everybody. This is sweet and healthy dish and we can make it with White Rice Flakes, roasted Rice Flakes and Brown Rice Flakes. Here, I used Brown Rice Flakes to make this tasty snack. We can make it in different way by changing the ingredients and methods. This is very soft dish and it can make very easily with limited ingredients and time. We need not to add Oil to this so it is very helpful to body. Diabetic patients can use it without sweet but taste will be less. Its taste is increasing the quantity of sweet or Sugar Syrup. This was my favourite snack when I was child and my mother was using Jaggery Syrup to get both sweet and healthy dish and my suggestion is that its taste will be good when use Jaggery Syrup. All ingredients are really good and having the capacity to give good taste to this dish. Its main flavour and smell is Cardamom Powder and also has the taste of Grated Coconut. Coconut is the main ingredient to give good taste to this dish. This is very useful snack anyone who needs to lose weight. This can serve to guest in the evening because it is that much tasty and healthy dish.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 5 Minutes
Brown Rice Flakes - 2 Cups
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Sugar Syrup - 1/4 Cup
Hot Milk - As required.
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 Pinch
- Put Brown Rice Flakes in a pan and roast it little under low flame and keep it aside.
- Pour Milk in a pan and boil it well and remove the fat from it and keep it aside.
- Pour Water in a pan and pour Water as required and add Sugar to this and stir well until Sugar dissolves completely and make thick Sugar Syrup.
- Strain it through strainer and keep it aside.
- In a big pot, add roasted Brown Rice Flakes, Grated Coconut and Salt.
- Pour hot Milk little by little and rub it well by hands until soft.
- To this add Sugar Syrup and mix well.
- Then add Cardamom Powder to this and mix well again.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot Tea in the evening.
- You can use White Rice Flakes instead of using Brown Rice Flakes.
- To get healthier snack use Jaggery Syrup to get sweet instead of using Sugar Syrup.
- It will tastier if you use chopped Shallots.
- To get masala flavour and smell use chopped Ginger, chopped Shallots and Curry Leaves.
- Its taste will increase if add Ripe Banana pieces, Dates and Raisins.
- To get softness leave it for at least 15 minutes after preparation.