Colocasia is very tasty vegetable and it has been cultivating in some place especially in rural area for both homely needs and income. Colocasia is having some similarity with Tapioca, Potato and Yam and these are coming under the same category. This vegetable is helping to get good and healthy body and our grandparents were using this to get healthy body and we can say that this was the main secret of their health. Mainly they were using steam and boiled Colocasia with Salt and someone is using this way now a day also. But we can make variety tasty dishes by using this tasty and healthy Colocasia. We can get it from market at any time if it is not there in houses so everyone is using it to make dishes.
Today, I have made very tasty and spicy Colocasia stir fry. I used traditional method completely to make this stir fry. I followed my Grandmother's ingredients and method to make this. This is main and common dish of Colocasia and so many people know about this dish. It is easy and simple recipe and taste is really good. This is completely natural dish that doesn't contain any artificial ingredients. I used all natural ingredients which was there in my home. To get spicy dish I used Bird's Eye Chilli which is very useful to health. Its main flavours and smell are Grated Coconut, Coconut Oil, Bird's Eye Chilli and Curry Leaves. It is super combination with hot Rice for lunch.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Bird's Eye Chilli
Colocasia - 250 gm
Onion - 2
Bird's Eye Chilli - 15
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of Colocasia and wash it well and cut it as thin and lengthy and wash it well a gin with Water and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and chop it.
- Wash Bird's Eye Chilli well and chops it.
- In a pan, add Colocasia Pieces, chopped Onion, chopped Bird's Eye Chilli, Grated Coconut, curry Leaves and Salt and pour water as required to cook and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when Water evaporates completely.
- Add Coconut oil to this and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice.
- You have to choose good Colocasia to make this dish to get good taste.
- Taste will increase if you use only Shallots instead of using Onion.
- Bird's Eye Chilli is good to health so try to make dish with this chilli.
- You can White colour Bird's Eye Chilli or Green colour Bird's Eye Chilli to make this dish.
- To get more taste you can splutter Mustard seeds in Coconut Oil.
- If you want you can crush grated Coconut to increase the taste.
- To get the real or exact taste don't add to much Water to cook.