Today I would like to share another non-vegetarian dish which is called as Crab Masala. It is very tasty dish that contains attractive smell. This is completely a variety non-vegetarian dish and it is very spicy dish. Still I haven't shared any crab dishes so I am very happy to introduce a new tasty non-vegetarian dish to all. You can make it in different ways by adding masala powders based on your taste. Crab Masala also a highly demanded dish in hotels like other non-vegetarian dishes. Crab is very tasty so every dish of Crab also will be very good and tasty. Someone is using Crab dishes only from outside due to the lack of knowledge of preparation. We have to spend time to clean it well and usually making dishes by Crabs without cutting. But I don't like to eat Crab like that so I have cut it as pieces to make this dish. It can easily cook if we cut it as pieces and masala also will come inside of the crab very easily. You can use it with anything which you prefer. I like to have this as the side dish with Chapati for dinner. It has thick gravy and better to use hotly. This is completely Kerala style traditional Crab Masala so I used pure Coconut Oil and Coconut Milk to this dish. It has a little bit sour taste and the mixed smell and taste of Cumin Seeds powder and Fennel Seeds Powder.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Crab - 250 gm
Chopped Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1 1/2 Cup
Tomato Paste - 1 tab spoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
- Clean and wash crab very well and cut its legs and flesh from inside separately and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it lengthy.
- Heat a pan and heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped ginger and chopped garlic and saute it well until fry.
- To this add sliced onion and add salt and saute it well.
- Turn down the fire and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, cumin seeds powder and fennel seeds powder and mix well.
- To this add Tomato paste and saute it well.
- Then add well cleaned and washed crab pieces and mix well.
- Pour coconut milk to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and make it thick.
- Turn off the fire and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with fresh curry leaves and serve it.
- To get a variety taste and smell roast masala powders in coconut oil before paste it.
- You can use only Shallots instead of using Onion.
- You can use only Garam Masala Powder instead of using Cumin seeds powder and Fennel seeds powder.
- To get more thickness and taste use grated Coconut paste.