Today Indians are celebrating Deepavali and this is the big and special for them. It is celebrating yearly once and usually it is coming in the month of October and November. Keralites are not celebrating this festival but it is celebrating by North Indians and this is the happiest moment for them. Mainly they are very much busy to make different sweetest dishes for celebrating this special festival that is the main attraction or specialty of this festival. Laddu, Halwa, Peda, Mysore Pack and Jilebi are the main sweet dishes for this day.
I made very tasty and sweet Semolina Laddu to celebrate this day. It is very easy to make at home and it is completely a homemade item. All ingredients are very taste so the final dish also will be very tasty and good. We can make different tasty dishes by using Semolina Powder. Semolina Upma is very popular breakfast dish. We can get this Laddu from outside but taste will be slightly change but ingredients will be similar. To get good taste and flavour I used Cashew nut Powder, Almond Powder and Milk Powder to make this special Laddu. Its taste is increasing when we mix it with Coconut and Milk. It also has the attractive smell and flavour of Cardamom Powder. It can use at any time but I would like to use in the evening. It will be very special sweetest Laddu for our happiest moments such as birthday celebrations. It is looking very attractive and we can make it at home at low cost. Condensed Milk gives creamy effects to this Laddu. Let us enjoy this special day with this variety tasty sweet Semolina Laddu.
SEMOLINA (RAVA) LADDU
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Decoration - Cherry
Roasted Semolina - 500 gm
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1 tab spoon
Condensed Milk - 1/4 cup
Hot Milk - As Required
Cashew nut Powder - 1 teaspoon
Almond Powder - 1 teaspoon
Milk Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 pinch
- Heat a pan and add ghee and heat well.
- To this add grated coconut and roast it well until brown colour.
- Remove it from ghee and add cashew nut powder, almond powder and milk powder to the remaining ghee and saute it well.
- Then add roasted semolina and saute and heat it well.
- To this add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Then add roasted grated coconut to this and stir well.
- Then add condensed milk and mix well.
- Then add cardamom powder and salt and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and add hot milk little by little and mix well and make dough for laddu and leave it for some times to cool.
- Make laddu by using hands and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Decorate it with cherry and serve it.
- You have to roast semolina if you don't have roasted semolina.
- You can use honey to get sweet instead of using condensed milk.
- To get dark brown colour and more sweet taste use jaggery syrup.
- To get healthy laddu use fatless milk to make this.
- You can change the quantity of ghee based on your preferences.