I would like to share very sweet and tasty snack dish through this article. This is called as 'Diamond Cuts' that is made by mixing of both Plain Flour and Wheat Flour. I this this is most popular snack item because it is used by both South Indians and North Indians. I bought it from one shop first time long years ago and I mother made it in my home after that. Now so many are making this in houses so it is considering homemade snack. I like this snack very much because Sugar Syrup will be there on it with white Colour and that is the main attraction and taste of this snack. This is crispy snack and it can make very easily at home. It can store for long days so I was using it when I was staying in hostel. I think so many people know that how to make it. My mother was using only Plain Flour to make this but to get some changes I mixed the equal quantity of Plain Flour and Wheat Flour but taste is almost similar. It is an excellent combination with hot Tea in the evening. I have cut this very thin to fry easily and get crispness. We will have a tendency to eat this again and again once tasted it. I know that everyone will like this very much especially children.
Preparation Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Plain Flour - 1/2 Cup
Wheat Flour - 1/2 Cup
Egg - 2
Hot Milk - As required.
Sugar - 1 Cup
Coconut Oil - As required to frying.
Water - 1/2 Cup
Salt - 1 Pinch
- In a pot, strain both Plain Flour and Wheat Flour through strainer.
- To this add Egg and Salt and add Hot Milk little by little and mix well by using a spoon.
- Mix well again with hand and make dough like Chapati and leave it for 30 minutes to become soft.
- Make small balls like lemon from this dough and roll it thin in a roller like Chapati.
- Cut it as Diamond shaped pieces and keep it aside.
- Pour Coconut Oil as required to frying in a pan and heat it well.
- To this add Diamond Shaped pieces one by one and fry it as desired and keep it aside in a bowl.
- In another pan, add Sugar and pour Water as required and stir well until Sugar dissolves completely under medium flame and make thick Sugar Syrup.
- To this add fried Diamond pieces and mix well and leave it for sometimes to cool.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot Tea in the evening.
- You can make this snack by using only Plain Flour or Wheat Flour.
- To get crispness and taste we have to cut very thin Diamond shape pieces.
- You can use hot Water instead of using hot Milk but taste will reduce.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil instead of using Coconut Oil.
- Sugar Syrup should be thick and you can use Lime Juice if use it for sometimes.