Usually I am making Yam dishes at the time of Onam which is very important and popular festival in Kerala. Yam will be available at that time in both houses and shops. We can make a lot of variety dishes by using Yam and every dish are very tasty. Today I made Easy and Spicy Yam Masala Stir Fry by using natural Yam which was there in my home. I like masala stir fry dishes very much so I am trying to make different types masala stir fry by using different vegetable and this dish is one taste dish among them. This is looking attractive and taste also is really good. We can make this type of dish with Colocasia and Potato. This is little bit spicy dish and you can add your own ingredients for making masala based on your taste. I like to add Pepper Powder taste very much so here I used Black Pepper Powder here. I made it by mixing both Red Chilli Powder and Black Pepper Powder. Fennel Seeds Powder gives a good smell and flavour to this dish. We can make it very easy with limited ingredients and time. It also has the flavour of Garlic and it is an excellent combination with hot plain Rice for lunch. Totally it is a very good tasty vegetable dish.
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Yam - 250 gm
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of Yam and wash well and cut it as thin and lengthy and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it as thin and round shape.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add chopped Garlic and chopped Shallots and saute it and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves to this and stir well.
- Then add chopped Green Chilli and sliced Onion and saute it well.
- Add Salt to this and stir well.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute it well until Brown colour.
- To this add Yam pieces to this and mix well.
- Pour enough Water to cook it and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame until Water evaporates completely and stir well occasionally.
- To this add Fennel Seeds Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hoot plain Rice.