We all are making Tomato curry in our houses but everyone is using different methods and ingredients. Its taste will be change based on the ingredients and methods we used. We can Tomato curry within a few minutes that is the main specialty of this dish. Tomato is using as the combination with Beef, Chicken, Fish and Egg dishes to increase the taste. Tomato is mainly using to balance the sweet, sour and spice taste in dishes. We can make a lot of variety dishes by using this vegetable. It is the common and main ingredient of Chinese dishes. It is very useful to skin because it contains Vitamin C. It has been cultivating in so many houses for both homely requirements and income.
Today, i have made Kerala style Tomato curry and its method of preparation is very easy but taste is really good. This is completely a traditional dish and we have spent some times to make only masala paste. Tomato doesn't have more cooking time so it can cook easily and its taste is increasing when it cook well. This is super combination with Appam, Bread and Chapati for breakfast and dinner. It is little bit spicy dish and Coconut gives creamy effect to this dish. Cumin Seeds flavour and Garam Masala flavour are helping to increase the taste of this dish.
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Tomato - 4
Chopped Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash tomato well and cut it as small pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and cut it as thin and lengthy.
- Wash green chilli and cut it as small pieces.
- In a grinder, add grated coconut, cumin seeds, chopped ginger, green chilli pieces, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, some curry leaves, salt and water as required and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped shallots to this and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves and stir well.
- To this add chopped tomato, sliced onion and salt and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- To this add coconut paste and saute it well.
- Pour water as required and stir well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame.
- Add garam masala powder when it became thick and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with rice, chapati and bread.
- To get more taste paste roasted grated coconut.
- To get more taste and colour fry turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder in coconut oil.
- Cumin seeds are optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you don't like its flavour.
- To get creamy effect cook tomato in coconut milk.