I haven't used Ladies Finger to make different dishes but I have tasted variety tasty dishes from some places and houses. Ladies Finger is mostly used by North Indians and they are using it to make a lot of dishes. Ladies Finger is very good vegetable and it will be available in everywhere. It is very useful to our skin and it reduces sugar from body. Today, I am going to share one Ladies Finger dish which is called as Ladies Finger in Coconut Milk Gravy. You can understand that it is a traditional dish from its name because its main ingredient is Coconut Milk. We can make it very easily with limited traditional ingredients. I used very natural and tasty Green colour Ladies Finger to make this. I would like to have this dish as the side dish with hot plain Rice for lunch and it is super combination. You can use it with Chapati, Bread and Appam. Its main tastes and smell are Grated Coconut, Coconut Milk and Coconut Oil. This dish will be very useful to anyone who likes traditional dishes very much.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Ladies Finger (Vendakka) - 250 gm
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoonGrated Coconut - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Wash Ladies Finger well and remove the head and tail and cut remaining portion as lengthy and cut this into two pieces.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well cut it as lengthy and thin.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut into two pieces.
- In a grinder, put Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Grated Coconut, Some Curry Leaves, Salt and a little Water and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- Splutter Mustard Seeds when it heats well.
- Then add chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Add Curry Leaves to this and stir well.
- To this add Ladies Finger pieces and salt and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- Then add chopped Onion and Green Chilli and saute it well for sometimes.
- Then add Coconut paste and saute it well.
- To this pour Coconut Milk and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and make it thick as desired.
- Then add Garam Masala Powder to this and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and pour it in a serving bowl and serve it with Appam, Chapati, Bread and Plain Rice.
- To get the exact taste of this dish saute Ladies Finger in Coconut Oil.
- To get more taste roast masala powders before paste it.
- Its taste will increase if use Fennel Seeds Powder.