Mixed Vegetable dishes will be very tasty always and its taste will increase when Red Lentils add. This is completely healthy dish because vegetables contain Fiber and Red Lentils contain Protein. Today I am introducing very tasty mixed vegetable curry to everyone. Its taste is completely traditional and it doesn't need more ingredients. I tasted it from my relative house but they have used Tamarind Pulp but I like this method. This is super combination with hot plain Rice. This is medium spicy dish and it has mixed taste and smell of Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds and Cashew Nut paste.Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Fresh Curry Leaves.
Potato Cubes - 1/2 Cup
Pumpkin Cubes - 1/2 Cup
Raw Banana Cubes - 1/2 Cup
Cucumber Cubes - 1/2 Cup
Red Lentil - 1/4 Cup
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Cashew Nut paste - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peels of Potato, Pumpkin, Raw Banana and Cucumber and remove the seeds of Pumpkin and Cucumber and wash well and cut as cubes.
- Wash Red Lentils and put it in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it.
- In a grinder, add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Seeds, Grated Coconut, some Curry Leaves, Salt and pour a little Water and make it thick and fine paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan, put washed Red Lentils and pour enough Water to cook and cover the pan with lid and cook it half under medium flame.
- Then add Potato Cubes, Pumpkin Cubes, Raw Banana Cubes, Cucumber Cubes and sliced Onion.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it well.
- Add Salt to this and mix well.
- Then add Coconut Paste to this and mix well.
- Pour Water as desired and cover it and boil it well and make it thick as desired.
- To this add Cashew Nut paste and mix well.
- Add Garam Masala powder when it starts to boil and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a small pan and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- To this add chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Add this into cooked curry and mix well.
- Decorate it with fresh Curry Leaves and serve it with Chapati, Rice and Bread.
- We need to Salt to Red Lentils after cooking otherwise it won't cook properly.
- If you need spicier dish use more quantity of Red Chilli Powder or Green Chilli.
- Cashew Nut paste is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it but it increases the taste of this dish.
- You can add a little fresh Coriander Leaves to get good taste and smell.
- To reduce the cooking time use pressure cooker to cook Red Lentils.