Potato dishes are my favourite dishes and so many people are using Potato dishes on their daily day life. Potato is very tasty and healthy item and it has creamy effect when it cook well. We are making so many variety dishes in my home. In this article, I want to share very tasty Potato dish that is called as Potato Coconut Masala Stir Fry. I was using this dish for lunch from my childhood. You can make this dish in different methods. This dish is super combination with hot Rice with Sambar so everyone can try this combination to get good taste. This is completely my mother's recipe and Coconut Slices are giving a special taste to this dish. This dish also can use with Chapati and Dosa. Its main tastes and smells are Garam Masala Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder.
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Potato - 3
Shallots - 15
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 2
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Slices or Bits - 1/4 Cup
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash well and cut it as very thin and lengthy and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it lengthy.
- Slice Coconut as small and thin and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, add some chopped Shallots, Green Chilli Pieces and Dried Red Chilli and crush it and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil well and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- To this add remaining chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves to this and mix well.
- To this add Crushed Mixture and saute it well for 3 minutes.
- Then add Coconut Slices or bits and saute it well for 2 minutes.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder and saute it well.
- To this add sliced Potato and Salt and mix well.
- Pour a little Water to this and cover the pan with lid and cook it half under medium flame.
- Open the pan and stir it well until cook well and crispy as desired.
- To this pour a little Water and mix well.
- Then add Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot Rice for lunch.
- It will be very tasty if you make this only in Coconut Oil without Water but you have to stir in between while cooking to get exact taste.
- You can use crushed Garlic to get good taste.
- It will be good if you use Onion instead of using Shallots.
- Fennel Seeds powder also good in the place of Cumin Seeds.
- We have to slice both Potato and Coconut with same thickness to cook well at the same time.
- You can use some Coriander Leaves with Curry Leaves.