This is very spicy dish which has very attractive Red colour. Sardine Fish Tomato curry is very tasty Fish curry. Usually we all are making Fish curries in different ways but some people are using only one method to make curry. But we have to use some other methods also to get new and variety taste. Eating same dishes is irritating process so that this recipe will be very useful to everybody. Fish dishes are very popular in everywhere so I am very much happy to share this tasty dish's method of preparation.
Fishes are suitable to make experiments because its taste is really good. Here, I used Sardine fish to make this dish but you can use any fish to make this dish. Sardine Fish is very tasty and healthy fish which is available on market at any time with low price. You can use this fish on daily basis to improve health. Today, I am introducing the super combination with fish that is Tomato. This is an excellent combination with hot plain Rice for lunch and also I would like to have this with Mashed Tapioca. This is a traditional dish which has taste and smell of Ginger and Garlic and also has the sour taste of Tomato. Its taste is very different from other fish curries.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Sardine Fish - 500 gm
Tomato - 2
Onion - 1
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 5
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Tamarind Pulp - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Fenugreek Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As Required
- Clean Sardine Fish very well and wash it 2 or 3 times with water and make slits on both sides of the fishes and keep it aside.
- Wash Tomato well and slice it lengthy.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut into two lengthy pieces.
- In a pan, heat Coconut oil and splutter Mustard seeds.
- To this add curry leaves, chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and saute and fry it.
- Then add sliced Tomato, sliced Onion, Green Chilli pieces and Salt and saute it well for sometimes.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli powder, Coriander Powder and Fenugreek seeds powder and stir well until remove the raw taste.
- To this pour water as required, Tamarind Pulp and salt and mix well and boil it well.
- Then add fishes into this and cover the pan with lid.
- Cook it under high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then turn down the fire and cook it well and add coconut milk.
- Turn off the fire when it stars to boil.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it with Rice and Chapati.
- To remove the bad smell of fish wash it with vinegar water.
- Its taste will increase if you use only shallots instead of using Onion.
- You can use Gambooge instead of using Tamarind Pulp.
|Sardine Fish Tomato Curry|