Today, I would like to share spicy Kerala style Beef Curry through this article. I need not to explain the taste of Beef dishes because everybody knows about it. We can make spicy Beef Curry in different methods and ingredients. South Indian non-vegetarian dishes are very spicy and I also like spicy dishes. Kerala Style dishes are very tasty and it is very famous in everywhere. We can't forget its taste once we tasted it. You can use this Beef Curry with anything which you like. It has the mixed taste of masala and it is looking very attractive.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Beef - 500 gm
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Slices - 1/4 Cup
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Cut Beef as small pieces and wash it well for 2 or 3 times and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Put grated coconut in a grinder and pour a little water and make it thick paste and keep it aside.
- Slice coconut as thin and lengthy pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves, sliced Onion and salt and saute it well until brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Coriander powder and black pepper powder and saute it well until remove the raw taste.
- To this add Coconut paste and mix well.
- Then add Beef pieces, Coconut slices, Lime juice and salt and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- Pour water to this as required and mix well.
- Transfer it in a pressure cooker and cover the cooker with lid and cook it well under medium flame and turn off the fire and leave it for sometimes to release pressure completely.
- Then open the pressure cooker and add coconut milk and mix well.
- Then add Fennel seeds powder and Garam masala powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and put it in a serving bowl and serve it hotly.
- Its taste will increase if we marinate Beef pieces with lime Juice, Salt and Masala Powders for 30 minutes and also softness of Beef will increase.
- To get fine Brown colour roast grated coconut before paste it.
- To get a variety taste fry sliced coconut and add to this dish.
- You can change the quantity of masala powders based on your choice and taste.