This is very spicy Taro Stem stir fry so I give this name for this dish and I think this name is very suitable for this stir fry. Stir Fry can make by using both vegetarian and non-vegetarian items and tastes may change based on the ingredients which are used. Everybody is using stir fry dishes on daily basis for lunch and dinner so it became a part of our daily day life. Its main specialty is that it can make very easily with limited ingredients that mean we can get a tasty dish without any efforts.
I introduced different types of tasty stir fry dishes to every one, Today also I am going to share another healthy and tasty stir fry through this article. I am sure about that this will be very useful to each and everyone. This is entirely different dish from other dishes because I made it by using Taro Stem. Its taste is really good and it can provide good health to everyone. This recipe will be new to so many people and it is mainly used by the people who are living in rural area or village. So many are not aware about Taro Stem and its benefits. Taro Stem is there in my home so I made this stir fry today. I used both Green Chilli and White Bird's Eye Chilli are the spices to make this. it has the flavour and smell of Cumin Seeds Powder that can provide hungry feeling. This is very good to use with hot Rice and it is completely natural and healthy dish.
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Long Taro Stem - 2
Onion - 2
Shallots - 5
Green Chilli - 2
White Bird's Eye Chilli - 10
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Wash long Taro Stem well and cut it as cubes.
- Cut each cubes as thin and lengthy and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash well and slice it.
- Remove the peel of shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Wash green chilli and cut into two pieces.
- Wash white bird's eye chilli and cut into two pieces.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add chopped shallots and cumin seeds powder and stir well.
- Add curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add sliced onion and saute it well for 3 minutes.
- Then add sliced taro stem, green chilli and white bird's eye chilli and saute it well.
- Add salt to this and mix well.
- Pour a little water to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire and mix well and put it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with hot plain rice.
- You can add garam masala powder and fennel seeds powder if you need masala flavour.
- To get more taste and colour use red chilli powder.
- It will be tastier if you splutter mustard seeds.
- Don't add more water to cook this otherwise its taste will change.