Red Lentil is a very good protein rich vegetarian item which is mostly used by vegetarians. It helps to gain the protein content in human body. it contains a lot of health benefits and also we can make different variety tasty dishes by using this. It is very useful to increase blood level, improve health of heart, reduce weight and improve digestion process of human body. Red Lentil is little bit costly item but it is very tasty and looking so attractive with orange colour. In this article, I would like to share very easy and tasty red lentil curry. It is very different dish which can give a new and fresh experience. I would like to have this dish with Chapati and this combination is really nice. This dish is having the mixed taste of spicy, sweet, cumin seeds and garlic. We can make it with fewer ingredients and coconut oil is giving a good smell and taste to this curry. I used Bird's Eye Chilli to get spicy so I can say that it is very healthy dish. This recipe will be very helpful to everyone especially who needs simple and easy recipe.We are making this dish sometimes in my house because it is my father's favourite dish. This recipe will be very useful if we don't have more ingredients in our houses. Make this new tasty recipe and enjoy a lot.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Red Lentils - 1 Cup
Chopped Garlic - 1 Teaspoon
Onion - 2
Bird's Eye Chilli - 15
Coconut Oil - 1 Tab Spoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
Sugar - 1/4 Teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Wash Red Lentils with water 2 or 3 times well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- In a pot, add washed Red Lentil, chopped Garlic, sliced Onion, Bird's Eye Chilli, curry Leaves and Water as required and mix well.
- Cover the pot with lid and cook all these ingredients well.
- Then open the pot and add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it again for 2 minutes and make it thick.
- Then add Cumin Seeds powder and mix well.
- Mash Red Lentils partially and add sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and pour coconut oil to this and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Bread, Appam and Chapati.
- Don't add salt to cook Red Lentils because it will not cook properly if you add salt first time so add salt after cooking it well.
- It will be tastier if you use only Shallots instead of using Onion.
- You can use chopped Green Chilli if you don't have Bird's Eye Chilli.
- You can add honey instead of using sugar.
- Don't add more water to cook Red Lentils, add water as required otherwise will not get exact taste.
- Garlic is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you don't want.