This is one of the variety snacks item which is made by Colocasia. Snacks are very much important items in our daily day life especially in the evening time. Usually we are using artificial packets snacks from outside because everyone is very much busy with some other works. But we have to think about our health so we need to spent little bit time to make homemade natural snacks item for our daily usage. We can make variety tasty homemade snacks very healthy and cost effective. Mothers are mainly preparing snacks items for their children because they need evening snacks after coming back from schools.
Today, I am going to share my mother's special snack to all and she has been making since my childhood. I didn't know about this at that time but now I know about the detailed recipe of this snack. I tasted it long years ago but today I felt to eat this so I asked to my mother and I made it according to that. This snack contains the mixed taste of spice and sweet and its main flavour is Garlic flavour. This is very healthy and natural snack which can make very easily. It is super combination with hot Tea in the evening. I used only natural ingredients to make this special and tasty snack. This recipe will be very useful to everybody especially who needs to make homemade tasty snacks. Let us enjoy a lot with this tasty snack in the evening.
Preparation Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Colocasia - 250 gm
Ginger Paste - 1/4 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves Paste - 1/4 teaspoon
Honey - 3 teaspoon
Corn Flour - 1/2 Cup
Salt - To Taste
Coconut Oil - As required to frying.
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of Colocasia and wash well and cut it as thin and big pieces and put it in a pot.
- To this add Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Fennel Seeds Powder, Curry Leaves Paste, Honey and Salt and mix well with hand and keep it in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In another pot, add Corn Flour, Salt and a little Water and make it thick paste.
- Pour it in marinated Colocasia pieces and mix well.
- Heat a pan and Heat Coconut Oil for shallow fry.
- To this put Colocasia Pieces one by one and fry both sides as you like(in between pour Coconut Oil if required.)
- Put it in a serving bowl and leave it for sometimes to cool.
- Serve it with hot Tea in the evening.
- To fry Colocasia you can mix both Corn Flour and Rice Flour together.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil to fry instead of using Coconut Oil.
- You can use Sugar Syrup instead of using Honey.
- You can adjust the masala based on your taste. I used Garlic Paste to get that flavour.