Today, I have made very tasty masala dish which is made by the combination of Chicken and Potato. It is a special dish which contains a variety taste and smell. This is my own dish and I used the ingredients which I like. Potato is an excellent combination with Chicken and these two are very tasty. To get good taste I used fried Potato and it can give some crispy effect to this dish. It is very spicy dish and its taste is amazing. We all know that Chicken dishes are very tasty and it is using in everywhere. Its main flavours are Garam Masala Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder. I like traditional dishes so here also I used traditional ingredients to get traditional taste. Red Chilli Flakes also giving a good taste to this masala. This is very good recipe to anyone who likes spicy non-vegetarian dishes. This can use as the side dish with hot Rice and Chapati.
Preparation Time - 20 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Chicken - 1 kg
Potato - 250 gm
Onion - 3
Green Chilli - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Flakes - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil - 5 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Clean and cut it as medium sized pieces and wash it well and keep it in aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash well and cut it as cubes.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and cut it thin and cubes.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder, Salt, Lime Juice a little Water and mix well.
- To this add Potato Cubes and mix well.
- In a pan, Pour 4 teaspoon Coconut Oil and add these Potato pieces and do shallow fry on both sides under medium flame and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add Chicken, Sliced Onion, Chopped Green Chilli, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Salt and Coconut Milk.
- Cover it and cook it well.
- In a small pan, Heat remaining 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard seeds.
- To this add chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves and Red Chilli Flakes and fry it.
- To this add cooked Chicken pieces and mix well.
- Then fry it little under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Then add fried Potato Pieces and mix well.
- Then add Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Appam, Bread and Rice.
- Chicken will become soft if we cook it with lime juice.
- You can use Cumin Seeds powder if you need.
- To get more taste and smell use some Coriander Leaves.