We can make Beef masala in different methods and this is very tasty Beef dish. Everyone in my family likes Beef masala very much. Today I used the recipe of my mother which she used to prepare since my childhood. Beef is the favourite item for non-vegetarians so they are trying to get new tastes and variety dishes. Its fat is providing very good taste to Beef and it will be very soft after cooking. This dish has a good taste and smell due to its masala powders. This is delicious and spicy Beef masala but its method of preparation is very simple and easy. It has the mixed taste and smell of Cumin Seeds Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Cloves, Cardamom and Cinnamon. We can serve it as the side dish with chapati, Bread and Appam for breakfast and Dinner. Its gravy is thick and very tasty.
Preparation Time - 20 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Beef - 500 gm
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Cloves - 3
Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch 2 pieces
Cardamom - 2
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Cut Beef as thin and small pieces and wash it well with water for 2 or 3 times and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and cut it as thin and lengthy.
- Wash Tomato well and cut it as small pieces and put it a grinder and pour a little Water and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- Sputter Mustard Seeds when it heats well.
- To this add chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves, Cloves, Cinnamon Stick Pieces and Cardamom and saute it well until fry.
- To this add chopped Garlic and chopped ginger and fry it.
- Then add sliced Onion and Salt and saute it well until Brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute it well until remove the raw smell.
- Then add Tomato paste to this and stir well.
- To this add Beef pieces and Salt as required and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- Then pour Water as required to cook Beef and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook it well and make it thick.
- At last add Cumin Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with chapati, Appam and Bread hotly.
- To increase the tastes of this dish marinate Beef with Salt and masala powders for 1 hour and it helps to cook very easily.
- It will be better if you use lime juice instead of using Tomato paste.
- Taste will become double if you cook Beef in Coconut Milk and also will get good smell.
- To get the real taste of this dish don't add too much water to cook Beef.
- You can use Coriander Leaves instead of Curry Leaves.
|Delicious Beef Masala|