I love Pickle very much so I am using this as the side dish with my lunch and dinner. I can say that it became the part of my life. I like any type of pickles such as spicy, sweet and sour taste pickle. We can make Pickles in different ways by using variety methods and ingredients based on our taste. We all know about different type of vegetarian pickles and non-vegetarian pickles. I think that I need not to explain the importance of Pickles in special celebrations or festivals. These are very useful to anyone who is staying hostels because it can store for long terms. Its demand is increasing day by day because all are using it as the side dish. Today, I made very famous and popular Lemon Pickle. This is considering as the main pickle among Pickles. Lemon is good for our health and it contains Vitamin C and it can give instant freshness to our body. Lemon Pickle is one of my favourite pickle and our foods taste will increase if we use Lemon pickle with hot plain Rice with some other side dishes. This Pickle is little bit spicy and I give the name Instant Lemon Pickle because we can make it very fast within minutes with fewer ingredients but its taste is really good. It has the mixed taste of Fenugreek Seeds Powder and Asafoetida Powder. To keep it for long term I used Sesame oil to make this tasty Pickle.
Preparation Time - 5 Minutes
Cooking Time - 5 Minutes
Ripe Lemon - 10
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Sesame Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
- Wash Ripe Lemon well and put it in a pot.
- Pour Water as required to steam and add Salt to this.
- Cover the pot with lid and steam it for 3 minutes under medium flame.
- Take each Lemon and cut it into four equal pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan and pour Sesame oil to this and heat well.
- To this add Mustard Seeds and splutter it.
- Then add Fenugreek Seeds to this and fry it.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder to this and saute it well.
- To this add Lemon pieces and add Salt to taste and saute it well for sometimes.
- Then add Asafoetida Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Serve it with hot plain Rice.
- Don't cut Lemon before steam it otherwise we won't get the exact taste of pickle.
- Don't add too much Fenugreek seeds otherwise pickle will get bitter taste.
- To store it for long term keeps it in clean, dry and airtight glass bottle.
- Make it cool before keeping into the glass bottles.
- You can use a little Vinegar if you need more sour taste.
- Its taste will increase if you add some Curry Leaves to this.
- You can use Coconut Oil to make this instead of using Sesame Oil.
- If you need sweet taste you can use either Honey or Sugar to this and adjust the quantity of it based on your taste.