This Chicken dish is having a variety flavour and tasty non-vegetarian dishes. Chicken is very good item to make new experiments in the cooking field. I have made a lot of variety dishes with different ingredients and methods. It is spicy dish which has good taste and smell. Jamaican Pepper Leaves are giving a special and pleasant smell to this dish. This leaves are suitable to use in non-vegetarian dishes. It also has the special flavour of Garam Masala Powder and Chaat Masala Powder. It is better to use with Appam, Chapati and Bread.
Preparation Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Onion and Jamaican Pepper Leaves Pieces.
Chicken - 1 kg
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 5
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 tab spoon
Jamaican Pepper Powder - 3
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Refined Oil - 1 teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Sugar - 1 Pinch
Water - As required to cooking.
- Clean Chicken well and cut it as medium sized pieces and wash well and put it in a pot.
- To this add Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Lime Juice, Jamaican Pepper Leaves pieces and Salt as required and mix well with hand.
- Then leave it for 30 minutes to set well.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and cut it as small pieces.
- Wash Green Chilli and cut it as small pieces.
- In a grinder, add one chopped Onion, chopped Green Chilli, Dried Red Chilli pieces, Coriander Powder and a little Water and make it thick and fine paste and keep it aside.
- Put marinated Chicken in a Pressure Cooker after 30 minutes.
- To this pour 1/4 cup Coconut Milk and cover with lid and cook it well and leave it for sometimes to release the pressure completely.
- Open it and remove Jamaican Pepper Leaves pieces from it and keep it aside.
- Heat a big pan and add Refined Oil and Butter and heat well.
- To this add Mustard Seeds and splutter it.
- To this add chopped Shallots and saute it well.
- Then add remaining one chopped Onion and saute it well.
- Then add cooked Chicken to this and mix well.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup Coconut Milk to this and stir well until medium flame until it thick as desired.
- Then add Garam Masala Powder and Chaat Masala Powder to this and mix well.
- Add Sugar to this and mix well and add Salt if required and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and and decorate it with Onion pieces and Jamaican Pepper Leaf pieces and serve it with Chapati, Bread and Hot Rice.
- You can use Coconut Oil instead of using Refined Oil and Butter.
- You can add some Curry Leaves when splutter Mustard Seeds.
- You can mix Chicken with Coriander Leaves also to get good taste.
- Chicken Pieces should not overcook.
- Black Pepper Powder also can use as spice instead of using Red Chilli Powder.