We all like squash very much and it is used by everyone because it became a part of our life. I tasted squash long years ago from my Aunt house first. That was bought from outside and nobody knows that the preparation of squashes at that time. But now so many are making homemade natural squash from home very easily. Only a few people don't know to make squash. So many are making squashes for business purpose because homemade drinks are highly demanded item always. Artificial squashes are there in everywhere with high price and it contains chemicals which is harmful to health, so homemade squashes popularity is increasing day by day. You can easily serve to guests if we have squash and its main specialty is that we can store it for long days. Squash also is a cool drink which has both sweet and sour taste. We can use any type of fruits and vegetables to make this cool drink. Today I made a healthy squash that is made by natural Ripe Papaya. Papaya is very healthy fruit and it is very soft with attractive Orange colour. This fruit contains a lot of Vitamins and Minerals and this will be available in everywhere. It increases the skin glow and reduces wrinkles if you use it on daily basis. Today I got very good natural ripe Papaya with good Orange colour so I made this squash. Papaya Juice has little bit thickness so I could make squash very easily. It doesn't contain any chemicals so you can give to children when they need to drink cool drinks. Its colour will be looking very nice when dilute it with Ice Water. Let us enjoy with this healthy and tasty Papaya Squash.
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Ice Cubes
Ripe Papaya Cubes - 2 Cups
Sugar - 4 Cups
Lime Juice - 1/4 Cup
Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - 1/2 Cup
- Remove the peel of ripe Papaya and remove the seeds from inside and wash it well.
- Cut it as small cubes and put it in a grinder and make it thick and fine paste.
- To this pour Water and mix well.
- Strain this extract through strainer.
- Pour it in a pan and add Sugar to this and stir well under medium flame.
- Add Lime juice to this when it became thick and mix well and boil it well.
- Then add Cinnamon Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for cool.
- Then strain it through strainer and pour it in a bottle and keep it.
- To serve it take a serving glass and pour squash 1/4 portion and pour Ice Water and add Ice Cubes and serve it cold and fresh.
- If you need good colour add Orange food colour to this squash.
- You have to choose well ripe Papaya to make squash.
- You can add Citric Acid instead of using Lime Juice.
- It will last for one month without preservatives if you need to store it more than one month use Potassium Meta Bisulphite preservative.