We all are not at all interested to have lunch and dinner without stir fry dishes and I am also a person like that. So I will make different tasty stir fry dishes on daily basis. Stir fry dishes main specialty is that it will combine with Grated Coconut. You can make these types of dishes with any vegetable which you like most. I want to get new taste and combination so I found this new combination today. This combination will be new to everybody including me and my family members. Potato is the super combination with any vegetarian and non-vegetarian items because it is having very good texture and taste. I have made so many dishes with Potato combination. Here, I used Long Beans Leaves as the combination with this tasty Potato. Leaf dishes are very healthy and we have to use it with our foods daily. This leaves were there in my house so it is completely natural and fresh. We can get the benefits from Potato and Long Beans Leaves through this dish. I used traditional method to make this dish and I used the ingredients which I like. This is better combination with hot Rice with Sambar.
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Potato - 3
Tender Long Beans Leaves - 1 Cup
Onion - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Flakes - 1 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Raw Rice - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash it well and cut it as thin and small pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Wash Tender Long Beans Leaves and chop it.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and chop it.
- In a grinder, put Grated Coconut, Red Chilli Flakes, Turmeric Powder, chopped Onion, some Curry Leaves and Salt and crush it together and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat well and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add Raw Rice and fry it well.
- To this add Curry Leaves and saute it well.
- Then add Potato pieces to this and saute it well for sometimes.
- Add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Then add crushed Coconut Mixture to this and mix well.
- Pour Water as required to cooking and cover the pan with lid.
- Cook Potato half under medium flame and add chopped Long Beans Leaves to this and mixes well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it well under low flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when Water evaporates completely.
- Take it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice.
- You can use fried Split Green Gram instead of using fried Raw Rice.
- To get exact taste of this pour enough Water to cooking otherwise Potato will become overcook and taste will change.
- Its taste will increase if use only Shallots instead of using Onion.
- You can use either Red Chilli Powder or Black Pepper Powder instead of using Red Chilli Flakes.
- To get good flavour and smell use some Cumin Seeds when crush grated Coconut.
- To get freshness of this stir fry use a little Lime Juice when add Long Beans Leaves.