Potato Masala is one of the tasty dish which is made by Potato. If we taste it once definitely we will get a tendency to have this dish again and again because its taste is amazing. I think Potato dishes liked by everyone both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It is used by both north Indians and south Indians. We can make a lot of variety tasty dishes with Potato and Potato masala is one of the dish among them. It is very spicy dish and we have to fry Potato to get good taste. This is completely my own recipe which is made by my own ingredients so I can say that it is completely a variety dish. Everyone can use this dish including kids. It has the mixed flavour and smell of butter and cumin seeds and it can serve as the side dish with Chapati, Appam, Bread and Rice. It will be very special dish and we can serve to guests. I like this dish very much and it is very simple and easy vegetarian recipe.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Potato - 250 gm
Onion - 2
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Butter - 2 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Remove the peel of Potato and cut it as big pieces and wash it well with water for 2 or 3 times.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- In a pan add this Potato pieces and sliced onion, salt and water as required.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it under low flame butt don't overcook it and keep it aside.
- In another pan, add butter and heat it well.
- Add Mustard seeds and cumin seeds to this and fry it.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry it well.
- turn down the fire and add Turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Coriander powder and Black Pepper powder and saute it well until remove the raw taste.
- To this add cooked Onion and Potato mix and salt and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it well until Potato fries well and stir occasionally.
- Then add Cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Chapati, bread, Appam and Rice.
- You can cook Potato with Masala to get more taste.
- To get more taste and smell add Spring Onion to this.
- Ginger is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it if you don't like.
- You can use any vegetable oil instead of Butter.
- It will be tastier and attractive if you use Green chilli.
- to get more taste and smell use Coriander Leaves.
- You can adjust the quantities of masala powders based on your preferences.