Potato Red Cow Peas stir fry is a tasty traditional dish and it is prepared by mixing of both Potato and Red Cow Peas. I know that all like traditional dishes and I also like that type of dishes very much. In my home usually I am making traditional dishes. This is medium spicy dish and super combination with hot plain Rice for lunch. You can give children when they go to school because its taste is really good and it is very healthy stir fry. You can get health benefits of both Potato and Red Cow Peas by this dish. It has the natural taste of Grated Coconut and it helps to increase the taste of this stir fry. Potato and Red Cow Peas are super combination to make stir fry. It can make very easily and let us have a tasty lunch with this stir fry.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Potato - 3
Red Cow Peas - 1 Cup
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Shallots - 5
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required
- Sock Red Cow Peas in water overnight to become soft.
- Next Day, wash it well with Water and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash it well cut it as thin and small pieces.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and cut it as small pieces.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and chop it.
- Wash Green Chilli and slice it lengthy.
- In a grinder, put Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds, chopped Garlic, chopped Shallots, chopped Onion, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Some Curry Leaves and Salt and crush it well and keep it aside.
- Put Red Cow Peas in a pressure cooker and add Salt and Water as required and cook it well and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- Splutter Mustard Seeds when it heats well.
- To this add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Then add Potato pieces to this and saute it well for 2 minutes.
- Then add crushed Coconut mixture and saute it well for 5 minutes.
- Pour a little Water to this and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- To this add cooked Red Cow Peas and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid again and cook it well sometimes under low flame and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and put it in a serving bowl and serve it hotly with plain Rice.
- To get softness and save cooking time you have to sock Red Cow Peas in Water overnight.
- Garlic is an optional ingredient so you can use it if you like its flavour and taste.
- You can use Black Pepper Powder instead of using Red Chilli powder.
- To get the exact taste of this don't overcook both Potato and Red Cow Peas.