Today I would like to share simple Indian Chicken masala and it is very tasty dish. It can use as the side dish Appam, Rice, Bread and chapati for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This dish is suitable to make special occasions or festivals because its taste is really amazing. Its masala is entirely different and fried Onion paste and dry roasted fenugreek leaves are giving a variety taste to this dish. It also has the smell and taste of Cumin seeds.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Decoration - Coriander Leaves
Chicken - 1 Kg
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 1 Inch 2 pieces
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Cashew nut Paste - 1 teaspoon
Tomato - 1
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Roasted Fenugreek Leaves - 1 teaspoon
Vegetable Oil - 3 tab spoon
Coriander Leaves - As Required
Salt - To Taste
Water - As Required.
- Clean and wash Chicken well and cut it as medium sized pieces and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and cut it as thin and lengthy.
- Put it in a pan and pour vegetable oil and saute it well under Golden Brown colour.
- Put it in a grinder and pour a little Water and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- Wash Tomato well and cut it as small pieces.
- Put it in a grinder and make it fine paste and keep it aside.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut it as lengthy.
- Heat a pan and pour Vegetable Oil and heat t well.
- To this add Cumin Seeds and fry it.
- Then add Cloves, Cardamom and Cinnamon Stick and fry it.
- To this add Ginger and garlic paste and saute it well until fry.
- Then add Green Chilli pieces and saute it well.
- Then add Dry Roasted Fenugreek Leaves and saute it well.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and saute it well until remove the raw smell.
- To this add roasted Onion paste and saute it well.
- Then add Tomato paste to this and stir well for 2 minutes.
- Then add washed Chicken pieces to this and add salt as desired and mix well.
- Pour Water as required to this and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame.
- Make it thick as desired and add Cashew nut paste and mix well.
- Then add Garam Masala powder when it starts to boil.
- Then add Coriander Leaves as desired and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with Coriander Leaves and serve it with Bread, Appam and Chapati.
- To get the exact taste fry Onion until Golden Brown colour.
- Its taste will increase if you use Black Pepper Powder.
- You can paste boiled Tomato paste instead of using Tomato paste.
- To get more taste marinate Chicken pieces with masala for 2 hours.