Today I made Soft Poori with Tasty Black Chickpeas which can use as Breakfast. Fried Poori with Masala flavour black Chickpeas curry is an excellent combination. This is my favourite combination for breakfast so I am making this so many times in my house. This curry is little bit spicy dish with the flavour of Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder. Let us start a day with this super combination.
Preparation Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Semolina Powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Luke Warm Water - As Required.
Vegetable Oil - As Required.
- In a pot, put Wheat Flour, Semolina Powder, Salt and 1 teaspoon vegetable Oil and mix well.
- Then pour Luke Warm Water little by little and rub it well with hands and mix well and make dough like Chapati.
- Cover the pot with lid and leave it for 30 minutes to become soft.
- Open the pot and divide the dough into small round balls.
- Take each round ball, put some Wheat Flour on the rolling board.
- Roll each dough into small circular shape and keep it aside.
- In a pan, pour Vegetable oil as required and heat it well.
- Put Poori into this oil one by one and fry and cook it until light Brown colour.
- Take it out on the tissue paper to remove Oil.
- Serve it with tasty Black Chickpeas Curry.
- You can use either Wheat flour or Plain Flour to make Poori.
- Semolina Powder helps to get crispness and taste.
- You can use Coconut Oil to fry instead of using Vegetable Oil.
- It will be soft if you leave dough for 2 or 3 hours.
TASTY BLACK CHICKPEAS CURRY
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Black Chickpeas - 1 Cup
Onion - 1
Shallots - 15
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Pieces - 1/4 Cup
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required.
- Sock Black Chickpeas in Water overnight to become soft.
- Wash it well next day and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Pour Water as required to cook and add sliced Onion, Coconut Pieces and Salt and cook it well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it.
- Heat a pan, and pour 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- To this add chopped Shallots and Green Chilli and fry it well and put it in a grinder.
- To this add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Grated Coconut and some Curry Leaves and pour a little Water and make it fine paste.
- Add this paste into cooked Black Chickpeas and mix well.
- Pour a little water if required and cook it under medium flame and make it thick as desired.
- Then add Garam Masala Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder and mix well and turn off the fire.
- Heat a small pan and heat 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Then add Curry Leaves and saute it well.
- Add this into cooked curry and mix well and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Poori.