We all are trying to get different tasty chicken dishes every day because Chicken is that much popular in everywhere. Chicken dishes and taste will be different based on places and preferences. Today I have come up with another tasty Chicken dish which is called as Spicy Chicken in Tomato Gravy. We need to use more ingredients to make this dish but all are traditional and common ingredients and these ingredients will be available in houses always. Its main specialty is that we have to use very less quantity Coconut Oil to make this dish. I tasted it from my aunt house first and I got recipe from her and I tried. It was good combination with Chapati and Plain hot Rice. Tomato is an excellent combination with Chicken. It will have thick gravy and also has the mixed flavour of Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder. This is little bit spicy dish and very special to non-vegetarians.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Chicken - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon Stick - 2 small pieces.
Onion - 2
Tomato - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tab spoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Clean and wash Chicken well and cut it as medium sized pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well cut it as thin and little bit big pieces.
- Wash Tomato well and cut it as small pieces and put it in a grinder and make it thick and fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- To this add Mustard seeds and splutter it.
- Then add Cloves, Cardamom and Cinnamon Stick and saute it well and fry it.
- To this add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and saute it well until fry.
- Add Curry Leaves to this and stir well.
- To this add fine and thick Tomato paste and saute it well to remove the raw taste.
- Then add sliced Onion and saute it well for sometimes.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute it well until remove the raw taste and smell.
- Then add Chicken pieces to this and mix well.
- Add Salt to taste and saute it well for sometimes.
- Pour Water as required to cooking and cover the pan with lid.
- Cook it under medium flame and make it thick as desired.
- Then pour Coconut Milk to this and mix well.
- To this add Cumin Seeds Powder and Fennel Seeds Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl.
- Decorate it with Curry Leaves and serve it with Chapati, Bread, Appam and Hot Plain Rice.
- You can mix Chicken pieces in Lime Juice before washing to get good smell.
- You can add Garam Masala powder if you need good smell and taste.
- To get good taste and thickness add 1/4 cup Grated Coconut paste.