Everyone is using different types of snacks in the evening and it became habit for everybody. Most of the people like to have crispy snacks in the evening with Tea. Mainly we are using Banana Chips, Jackfruit Chips, Potato chips and Onion Fritters as the evening snack. Here, I made very crispy and spicy diamond cuts that are made by Plain Flour. It is completely homemade snack and very useful to all. Homemade snacks will be very good to health so we can use natural snacks to get good health. This snack is new to so many people but we can make it very easily. This is contains spicy and little bit sweet taste and it is an excellent combination with sweet hot Tea. You can make with limited ingredients and I used natural Coconut Oil to frying this. To get softness and crispy effect I kept the dough for 30 minutes. I like medium spicy snack so I used less quantity of Red Chilli Powder and used more White Pepper Powder so it is good to health.
Preparation Time - 30 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Plain Flour - 1 Cup
Egg - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1 Pinch
Sugar - 1 tab spoon
Salt - To Taste
Lukewarm Water - As required to cooking.
Coconut Oil - As required to frying.
- In a pot, Strain the Plain Flour through strainer and add Eggs to this.
- Then add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, White Pepper Powder, Cumin Seeds Powder, Asafoetida Powder, Sugar, Salt and a little Coconut Oil and mix well by using hand.
- To this pour Lukewarm Water little by little and mix well to make dough as like Chapati.
- Make a big ball and keep it in a pot and cover it with lid and leave it for 30 minutes to become soft.
- Make small balls like lemon from this dough and roll each ball in a roller like Chapati.
- Cut it as diamond shape pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat Coconut Oil as required to frying in a big pan.
- Add this diamond shaped pieces into this one by one and fry it as desired.
- Put it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot and sweet Tea in the evening.
- Spicy Diamond Cuts can store for long days if you keep it in dried glass bottle. Make it cool first and keep it in this bottle.
- You can make this by using All Purpose Flour also.
- You can make it with mixing both Plain Flour and Wheat Flour.
- You can adjust the quantity of Red Chilli Powder based on your taste.
- You can make it by using only Red Chilli Powder and it gives Red colour Diamond cuts.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil to fry instead of using Coconut Oil.
- To get sweet use Honey instead of using Sugar.
|Spicy Diamond Cuts|