I have cooked this tasty non-vegetarian dish in Pressure Cooker to save cooking time. It is very tasty and special dishes for non-vegetarians especially those who like Beef dishes very much. Usually we are making Beef Curry with Coriander Powder and someone is thinking that Beef Curry without Coriander Powder will not be tasty. But here, I am showing how to make very tasty dish without Coriander Powder. I can say that this dish also having good taste and flavour without any doubts. Beef dishes will be very tasty because it contains fats and these will become melt when we cook it. I used very less quantity of Coconut Oil to get healthy dish. I used all natural ingredients which are usually available in every house always. This dish is having thick gravy and it is little bit spicy dish. You can serve it as the side dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it would be tasty if you serve it with nay combination. This is traditional dish and also has the mixed flavour of Fennel Seeds Powder, Cinnamon Powder and Garam Masala Powder.
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Beef - 1 kg
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Lime Juice - 2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Shallots - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Cut Beef as small pieces and wash it well and put it in a pot.
- To this add Lime Juice and Salt and mix well by using hand and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it small.
- Wash Green Chilli and chop it.
- In a Grinder, add Grated Coconut, chopped Green Chilli and some Curry Leaves and pour a little Water and make it thick and fine paste.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and saute it well and fry it.
- Then add chopped Shallots and fry it.
- Add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Then add sliced Onion and Salt and saute it well until Brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute it well until remove the raw smell.
- Then add marinated Beef pieces to this and saute it well for sometimes.
- Then add Coconut paste to this and saute it well for 3 minutes.
- Then add Fennel Seeds Powder and Cinnamon Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- To this pour Water as required to cooking and transfer it in Pressure Cooker.
- Cover it with lid and cook it well under medium flame.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Bread, Chapati and hot Rice.
- You can mix Beef pieces with Vinegar and Salt also.
- Beef will become soft If you keep marinated Beef pieces with Lime Juice and Salt for one hour.
- You can use Coconut Milk instead of using Coconut Paste.
- To get good taste and smell use fried Cardamom and Cloves.