This is very tasty and delicious Beef dry roast that is favourite dish for Keralites. Its taste is increasing based on the quantity of fats. This is spicy Beef roast and I like this dish very much because its taste is really amazing. I roasted this dish with Coconut Milk so its taste will be different and very good. This is completely Kerala style Beef roast and I am making this some times in my house and everyone in my family like this dish very much. This Beef roast is better combination with Porotta. It can make in different ways and it will be available in hotels with different attractive taste. This is completely traditional dish and it has mixed taste of Garam Masala Powder and Meat Masala Powder.
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Beef - 500 gm
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Crushed Garlic - 3 pieces
Shallots - 10
Green Chilli - 1
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Meat Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Cut Beef into small pieces and wash well with Water and keep it aside in a bowl.
- To this add Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, some Curry Leaves and Salt and mix well with hand.
- Put it in a pressure cooker and pour enough Water to cook.
- Cover it with lid and cook it well and leave it for sometimes to release pressure completely.
- Remove the peels of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Wash Green Chilli well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash Tomato and slice it lengthy.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil in it and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add crushed Garlic and saute it well.
- Then add Curry Leaves, chopped Shallots, sliced Green Chilli and sliced Tomato and saute it well for sometimes.
- Add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Turn down the flame and add Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute well.
- Then add cooked Beef pieces into it and mix well.
- Pour Coconut Milk to this and mix well.
- Stir well under medium flame and make it thick as desired.
- Turn down the fire and add Meat Masala Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Rice, Chapati and Appam and serve it hot.
- It will be good if add a little Fennel Seeds powder.
- You can add Cumin Seeds Powder if you like.
- You can use Onion instead of using Shallots.
- You can use any Vegetable Oil instead of using Coconut Oil.
- You can use some Coriander Leaves with Curry Leaves.
- You can adjust the quantity of Masala Powders based on your taste.