Fish fry is not only using with Rice and it is using as the side dish with mashed Tapioca and mashed Jackfruit. South Indians are using fish fry on daily basis so it became part of their life. Keralites can't live without Fish dishes. Fish fry is the most common and popular dish with Fish and its taste is varying based on the types of fishes. Different fish is having different taste. My opinion is that fish fry should be little bit spicy then only we can get the real taste of it. We can make fish fry by using different method s and ingredients which we prefer. I made different types of Fish fry in my house with many methods and ingredients. Today I am going share another method to make Fish fry. Here I used Black Pepper Powder as the spice and that is the main specialty of this dish. Usually I am using Red Chilli Powder for making fish fry. Black Pepper Powder gives good Black colour to this dish and variety taste. I used this fish fry with Rice and Sambar and this combination is very tasty. I used Mackerel Fish here and it is tasty without bad smell. This fry contains the taste of Ginger, Garlic and Lime Juice. This can give you a special and variety feeling so try to make this to get new experience. This recipe will be very useful to anyone who needs variety taste.
Preparation Time - 25 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Mackerel Fish - 500 gm
Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves Paste - 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - As required to fry
Salt - To Taste
- Clean Mackerel Fish well and remove head and tail and cut it as medium sized pieces and wash it well and make slits on both sides.
- In a small bowl, put Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste, Turmeric Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Curry Leaves paste, Lime Juice and Salt and mix well and make thick paste.
- Marinate Fish pieces with this paste and put it in another pot.
- Pour Coconut Oil in a frying pan and add marinated Fish pieces one by one and pour little more Coconut Oil on these pieces.
- Cook it and fry both sides of these Fish pieces under medium flame and pour Coconut Oil in between if required.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and garnish with some Curry Leaves and serve with hot plain Rice.
- To remove the bad smell of Fish use Vinegar or Salt to wash it.
- You can use any refined oil too fry this instead of using Coconut Oil.
- To cook inside well fry it under medium flame.
- Its taste will increase if add Shallots paste when make masala to marinate Fish.
- If you need spicier Fish fry use more quantity of Black Pepper Powder.
- Leave marinated Fish for 11 hour to get good taste.