Creamy Beef curry is very simple but very tasty dish. Beef dishes will have good taste due to its fat. It will be very good taste if we use any method and ingredients. This dish is one special dish of my grandmother and she was making it for Christmas and Ester. I was using this with the side dish with Appam for breakfast and this combination is very good. Grated Coconut paste, Almond paste and Cashew Nut paste are giving creamy effects for this dish. This is delicious dish with enough spice, smell and different flavours. I used pressure cooker to reduce the cooking time of Beef. Potato is one super combination with Beef and it gives good taste. This also can serve with Rice and this will be very special too guests.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Beef - 1 kg
Potato - 1
Onion - 2
Shallots - 10
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 3 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 4 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Almond Paste - 1 teaspoon
Cashew Nuts Paste - 1/4 Cup
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required
- Cut Beef as small pieces and wash well and put it in a pot.
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash well and steam it and mash it well and keep it aside.
- Remove the peels of Onion and Shallots and wash well and chop well.
- Wash Green Chilli well and slice it lengthy.
- Put Grated Coconut in a grinder pour a little Water and make thick paste.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and add Cumin Seeds and fry it.
- Add Curry Leaves to this and stir well.
- Then add chopped Onion and Shallots and Salt and saute well.
- Add Green Chilli and mix well.
- Then add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and White Pepper Powder and saute well until remove raw smell.
- Add washed Beef Pieces into this and saute well for sometimes.
- Put it in a pressure cooker and add enough Water to cook.
- Cover it with lid and cook well.
- Leave it for sometimes to release the pressure completely.
- Open it and add Coconut Paste to this and mix well under medium flame.
- Add cooked and mashed Potato to this and mix well.
- Boil well and make it thick as you required.
- Add Almond Paste and Cashew Nut Paste and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, add Fennel Seeds Powder and Garam Masala Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and serve it in a serving bowl with Bread, Chapati and Appam.