Fish curry in roasted masala is my grandmother's special dish so I am very much happy to share this recipe to everybody through this article. I tasted it first from my grandmother's house. This dish is little bit spicy like other non-vegetarian dishes so I like it very much. I made it with roasted masala powders and grated Coconut paste. Here, I used Mackerel fish but you can use any fish to make this type of dish. This dish is having special taste, flavour and smell and these are the high lights of this recipe. This recipe's credit is completely goes to my grandmother. It is an excellent combination with Mashed Tapioca and Rice. If you need variety dish with variety taste try to make this special and tasty dish.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Mackerel Fish - 500 gm
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 1
Shallots - 5
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Gambooge - 2 pieces
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required too cooking.
- Clean and wash Fish well and wash well and cut it as small or medium sized pieces (As per your choice) and keep it aside in a pot.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it thin.
- Remove the peels of Onion and Shallots and wash well and cut it as thin and lengthy.
- Wash Tomato well and slice it lengthy.
- Cut Gambooge as small pieces and put it in a pot and pour Water to this and leave it for sometimes.
- Heat a pan and pour 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- To this add Grated Coconut and saute it well under medium flame until Brown colour.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and Black Pepper Powder and saute well to remove the raw smell and taste.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for sometimes to cool.
- Put this in a grinder and add Salt, some Curry Leaves and enough Water and make it thin and fine paste.
- Heat a pan and heat 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- To this add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry it.
- Then add chopped Green Chilli, chopped Shallots and Onion and saute well for sometimes.
- To this add Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Then add sliced Tomato to this and saute well.
- To this add thick masala paste and mix well.
- Put Salt to taste and add socked Gambooge and pour enough Water and leave it under medium flame to boil well.
- To this add Mackerel Fish pieces and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and boil it well for 10 minutes.
- Cook it well under low flame and make it thick as desired and turn off the flame.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Chapati, Bread, Rice and Mashed Tapioca.
- You can make this dish without roasting Grated Coconut.
- You can use Coconut Milk instead of using Grated Coconut.
- Tamarind Pulp also is useful to make this fish curry.