Vegetable stir fry is one famous Kerala Style recipe. Coconut is mainly used by Keralites for making different dishes. We can make stir fry dishes with different vegetables. Taste will increase if use or mixing different vegetables. I like this type of dishes very much so I am making different dishes by mixing vegetables. Potato is one good ingredient which is suitable with anything and it increases the taste of dishes.
Today, I am going to share another tasty stir fry recipe through this article. Here, I used crushed grated Coconut for making this but its taste will increase if use roasted Grated Coconut. This method is good for health so I followed this method there. We need not to use more quantity of Coconut Oil for this dish. Its main flavours and smells are Cumin Seeds and Garlic. We can make it very easily with limited ingredients. This is completely traditional stir fry because it has pure traditional taste. This is spicy less dish and it contains full of proteins and fibers. This is completely natural, traditional and homemade tasty dish. This is super combination with hot plain Rice. Let us enjoy with this tasty dish.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Raw Banana - 2
Ivy Gourd - 10
Potato - 2
Garlic Cloves - 2
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Grated Coconut - 1 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Yellow Split Gram - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peels of Raw Banana, Ivy Gourd, Potato and Onion and wash well and chop well.
- Remove the peel of Garlic Cloves and wash well.
- Wash Green Chilli and wash well.
- In a grinder, add Garlic Cloves, chopped Onion, Green Chilli, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Grated Coconut, Cumin Seeds, some Curry Leaves, Salt and a little Water and crush it.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add Yellow Split Gram and Curry Leaves and stir well.
- Then add chopped Raw Banana, Ivy Gourd and Potato and add Salt to taste and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add Crushed Coconut Mixture to this and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Pour enough Water to cook and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when Water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice for lunch.
- To get the exact taste of this dish don't overcook vegetables.
- You can use any spices to this dish as your wish.
- You can use Asafoetida Powder if you need.
- Use any Refined Oil instead of using Coconut Oil.
- To get better taste and smell add 2 dried Red Chilli when splutter Mustard Seeds.