Red Cow Peas and Chilli stir fry is one very good and tasty vegetarian side dish that is one of my favourite dish. We all know about Red Cow Peas and we are using its dishes on daily basis. This is very good source of protein so it is useful to human body. This is suitable to everyone especially vegetarians. I used to make different tasty dishes by using this Red Cow Peas. Red Cow Peas is an excellent combination with any vegetables so we can make many dishes with this. This is also contains Fiber, Vitamins and Minerals apart from Protein. Today, I made very easy and simple dish with this but taste is really good. You have to sock it in Water for at least 4 or 5 hours to become soft and get real taste of this. Red Cow Peas and Pepper Powder is super combination so I used this combination to get good taste. This dish is entirely different from normal Red Cow Peas stir fry.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Red Chilli and Curry Leaves
Red Cow Peas - 1 Cup
Onion - 1
Garlic Cloves - 5
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1/2 Cup
Dried Red Chilli - 3
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Sock Red Cow Peas in Water overnight or 4 or 5 hours and wash well after that and put it in a pressure cooker.
- Pour enough Water to cook this and add Salt to taste and cover it and cook it well.
- leave it for sometimes to release the pressure completely and open it and transfer it in another bowl or pot and keep it aside.
- Remove the peels of Onion and Garlic Cloves and wash well and cut it as small pieces.
- Put Dried Red Chilli in a mixer and crush it well and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and add Butter to this and boil well.
- To this add Curry Leaves, sliced Onion and Garlic Cloves and saute well for sometimes.
- Add Salt to taste and fry these ingredients and turn down the fire.
- Add Turmeric Powder and White Pepper Powder to this and mix well.
- Then add crushed Dried Red Chilli and fry it.
- Add cooked Red Cow Peas to this and mix well for sometimes.
- Add Fennel Seeds powder at last and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate with Dried Red Chilli and fresh Curry Leaves and serve it with hot Rice for lunch.
- Don't overcook Red Cow Peas so use enough Water to cook this otherwise we won't get exact taste of this dish.
- You can use either Cumin Seeds Powder or Garam Masala Powder instead of using Fennel Seeds Powder.
- Use any refined oil to cook this.
- You can use Black Pepper Powder instead of using White Pepper Powder.