Chilli Chicken is one highly demanded Chicken dish in restaurants so everyone has tasted it at least once. It can be made in different ways or methods. We will get the actual taste of this dish when use it hot. Hotel or restaurant dish will have good taste comparing homemade food but to get healthy dish try to make it at home. It is made with some Chinese Ingredients such as Tomato Ketchup, Chilli Sauce and Soya Sauce. I made it here as like restaurant style and taste. This is an excellent combination with Chapati and Appam. This is very easy and simple method so try to make it at home.
Preparation Time - 20 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Chicken - 1 kg
Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Chopped Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 2
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Corn Flour - 1/2 Cup
Black Pepper Powder - 1 tab spoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Tomato Ketchup - 1/4 Cup
Green Chilli Sauce - 1 tab spoon
Soya Sauce - 1 teaspoon
Vegetable Oil - Required for frying.
Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
Butter - 3 Tab Spoon
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Clean and Wash Chicken well and cut it as small pieces and put it in a pot.
- To this add Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, All Purpose Flour, Cornflour, 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder and enough Salt and mix well.
- Pour enough Water to this and mix well with hands and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan and pour enough Vegetable Oil too fry Chicken Pieces and heat well.
- Add Chicken Pieces into one by one and fry it until Golden Brown colour under medium flame.
- Take the Chicken Pieces from the Oil after frying well and and put it in another pot.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it small.
- Wash Green Chilli well and cut it small.
- Heat another pan and heat Butter well.
- To this add chopped Ginger and chopped Garlic and fry well.
- Add sliced Onion and pieces of Green Chilli into this and saute well for sometimes.
- Add 1/2 tab spoon Black Pepper Powder and Red Chilli Powder and mix well.
- Then add Tomato Ketchup, Green Chilli Sauce and Soya Sauce and mix all together.
- Add fried Chicken Pieces into this and mix well.
- Add Vinegar, Sugar and enough Salt to taste into this and pour a little Water and roast it well until dry.
- Turn off the fire when it roast as desired and serve it in a serving bowl with Chapati, Bread and Appam.
- You can change the quantity of both Tomato Ketchup and Chilli Sauce as per your taste.
- You have to cook Chicken well when fry it so that fry it under low flame.
- To get variety taste and smell add some Spring Onion and Capsicum.