I have shared so many Paysam recipes and today also I would like to share other tasty and sweet Payasam that is called as Rice Flakes with Yellow Garam Payasam. From its name, you can understand its main ingredients. This types of desserts are used by everyone and it is available anywhere in the world. We can't avoid this dessert in Traditional festivals such as Onam and Vishu. It is also serving as the special dessert for Birthday and Wedding celebrations. Payasam is very old dessert but also everyone is making it by using different methods and ingredients. Now, we can see many varieties in this dessert and we can create any ideas to make it very special. Making variety payasam is my hobby and I made many variety payasam in my house whenever I need this dessert. This is the first time I made payasam with two main ingredients such as Rice Flakes and Yellow Gram. Its taste is very nice and it has creamy effect. I know that this will be very special to each and every one. Let us enjoy our special day with this sweet dessert.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Fried Peanuts, Coconut Pieces and Raisins.
Rice Flakes - 1 Cup
Split Yellow Gram - 1 Cup
Milk - 1 Cup
Medium Thick Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/4 Cup
Condensed Milk - 1/2 Cup
Milk Powder - 1 teaspoon
Sugar - 2 teaspoon
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Butter - 2 teaspoon
Peanuts - 15
Coconut Pieces - 1/4 Cup
Raisins - 10
- Wash Split Yellow Gram well and put it in a pot.
- Pour medium thick Coconut Milk and cover it with lid and cook it well.
- Mash it well with a wooden ladle after cooking well and keep it aside.
- Heat Butter in a big sauce pan and Peanuts to this and fry it.
- Add Coconut Pieces along with this and fry well and take from oil and put it in a bowl.
- Add Raisins to Butter and fry well and keep it aside with fried Peanuts and Coconut Pieces.
- Add Rice Flakes to remaining Butter and roast it well under medium flame.
- Pour Milk to this and cook it well.
- Add Milk Powder after cooking well and mix well.
- Add cooked and mashed Split Yellow Gram to this and mix well together.
- Add Sugar to this and mix well.
- Pour Condensed Milk little by little and mix in between.
- Boil it well and make thick as desired and add thick Coconut Milk and mix well.
- Add Cardamom Powder when it starts to boil and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and add fried Peanuts, Raisins and Coconut Pieces and mix well.
- Serve it in a serving bowl hot or cold.
- Jaggery Syrup also useful to get sweet instead of both Sugar and Condensed Milk.
- Here, I used both Coconut and Cow Milk but you can make it with one Milk.
- Don't roast Rice Flakes too much try to roast it under low flame.
- To increase the flavour adds some dried Ginger Powder.