Ladies Finger Stir Fry is delicious dish and its method of preparation is very simple so I give this name for this dish. Mainly Keralites are using this dish as the side dish with hot plain Rice for lunch and it is also known as 'Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti'. It is very good and tasty stir fry that can be made with limited ingredients. We are making a lot of variety tasty dishes with Ladies Finger especially North Indians. We can get different tasty Ladies Finger dishes in Hotels. We are using Ladies Finger as the main ingredients to make Sambar. Ladies Finger is one healthy and tasty vegetable which can cultivate in houses very easily. Here, I used Green Colour Ladies Finger to make this tasty dish. These types of stir fries are very good to use as the side dish for lunch and we can make this stir fry using other vegetables. Ladies Finger will be available at any time and price may change based on season and demands. To get good taste you can add grated Coconut or Coconut Slices to this. I like this stir fry so I am trying to make it in my home. I would like to have this stir fry with hot plain Rice with any pickle. You can also try this combination to get good and tasty experiences. This is medium spicy dish so everyone can use this. If you need spicier dish add more quantity of spices.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
Ladies Finger - 15
Onion - 2
Green Chilli - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 tab spoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - 1 teaspoon
- Cut the head and tail of Ladies Finger and wash well and cut it as cubes.
- Cut each cubes into 4 pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Remove the peel of Onion and wash well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and heat Coconut Oil and splutter Mustard Seeds.
- To this add Curry Leaves, chopped Green Chilli and sliced Onion and saute it well.
- To this add Salt and mix well.
- Then add Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder and saute it well.
- To this add Ladies Finger pieces and mix well.
- Then add Salt and 1 teaspoon Water and saute it well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Turn off the fire when Water evaporates completely and mix well.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with plain Rice.
- To get crispness saute Ladies Finger with Lime Juice and Salt.
- To get better taste use Shallots instead of using Onion.
- Red Chilli Powder is an optional ingredient so you can avoid it and use more Green Chilli instead of using it.
- You can use a little Black Pepper Powder if you need.
- You can make this stir fry without using Water.
- Saute Onion and Ladies Finger with Salt to get good taste.