Snake Gourd is very popular in everywhere so everyone knows about this. It is also called as 'Padavalanga' in Kerala and it is there in many houses. This is lengthy and Green Colour vegetable. This is there in both market and houses with less price comparing other vegetables. This is also available in my house but it is not that much lengthy but it is very tasty. We can make different dishes by using this vegetable such as stir fry, pickle and salads and it is also useful to make Sambar and Aviyal. We can cut it any shape as per our like and it contains a lot of health benefits. Today I made very easy and tasty stir fry. I used very less ingredients to make this dish but its taste is really good. Egg is giving very special taste to this and this two are the super combination to make dishes. This dish is very useful to anyone who is not interested to eat vegetable dishes. This dish contains equal taste of both Snake Gourd and Egg. We can get a special feeling when we eat this. This is an excellent combination with hot plain Rice for lunch. Let us enjoy with this special dish.
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
Snake Gourd - 1
Egg - 3
Green Chilli - 10
Shallots - 3
Onion - 1
Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Peel Snake Gourd with peeler and cut it as small cubes and remove the seeds from inside.
- Chop it and wash well with Water.
- Wash Green Chilli well and chop it.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and Onion and wash well and chop it.
- Heat a pan and pour Coconut Oil and heat well.
- Put Cumin Seeds into this and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves, chopped Green Chilli, chopped Shallots and chopped Onion and saute it well for sometimes.
- Put Salt to taste and mix well.
- Then add Grated Coconut to this and mix well.
- To this add chopped Snake Gourd and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Pour enough Water to this and cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Add Egg when Water evaporates completely and mix well.(stir well until dry)
- Turn off the fire and mix well and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with hot plain Rice for lunch.
- Its taste is increasing based on the quantity of Egg so you can use Egg as per your taste.
- To increase the tastes of this dish use more quantity of Shallots.
- To get another taste and smell use a little Black or White Pepper Powder.
- You can splutter Mustard Seeds if you need.
- This dish can make with Turmeric Powder.
- Pour Water as required to cooking otherwise it will overcook and taste also will change.
|Snake Gourd Egg Stir Fry|