Potato is mainly used by vegetarians and North Indians. Now a day Keralites also is using it to make different tasty dishes. It will be super combination with different vegetables and non-vegetables. This is very useful to make new variety dishes. Potato can give an excellent taste to dishes. I know that everyone knows about its taste because all are using it on daily basis. I am also making many dishes in my house because I like its taste very much. Potato dishes are very tasty if we use any methods and ingredients.
Today, I would like to share very tasty and spicy south Indian style Potato Masala. It is very easy to make but taste is really good and amazing. Butter and Coconut Oil combination is giving a special flavour to this dish. I used both Crushed Red Chilli and White Pepper Powder as the spices for this dish. It can be used as the side dish with hot Rice, Chapati and Appam. We need not to add too much Water to make this. This is completely a tasty and good vegetation dishes. Let us enjoy with this tasty South Indian style spicy Potato Masala.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Decoration - Curry Leaves
Potato - 250 gm
Shallots - 10
Garlic Cloves - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Crushed Red Chilli - 2 teaspoon
White Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Butter - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
Dried Red Chilli - 1
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - 1 teaspoon
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash it well and cut it as 1/2 inch lengthy cubes and keep it aside.
- Remove the peel of Shallots and wash well and chop it.
- Remove the peel of Garlic Cloves and cut it lengthy.
- Heat a pan and add Butter to this and melt it.
- To this add Coconut Oil and heat it well.
- Add Dried Red Chilli pieces to this and fry it.
- Then add Curry Leaves, Garlic pieces, chopped Shallots and Salt and saute well for sometimes.
- Add Potato cubes into this and stir well and cook it half under medium flame.
- To this add Turmeric Powder and crushed Red Chilli and mix well.
- After 2 minutes, add White Pepper Powder and mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it and stir occasionally and spray 1 teaspoon Water in between.
- Turn down the fire when Potato cooked and fried as desired and add Cumin Seeds Powder, Fennel Seeds Powder and Cinnamon Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and decorate it with Curry Leaves and serve with Chapati, Rice and Appam.