We all know that Potato is very tasty vegetable so everyone is using it on daily basis. It can give good taste to any dish due to its creamy effect. Potato is usually considering as the main item for vegetarians. We can make many dishes with this from breakfast to dinner and it is also available anywhere including Hotels. This is one super combination with any non-vegetarian items. It helps to increase both taste and thickness of these types of non-vegetarian dishes.
I am going to show one tasty Potato dish that is called as spicy Potato curry. You can easily identify that it is spicy dish from its name. This is very tasty dish with the mixed taste of sour and spice and also contains creamy effect. Its main flavours and smell are Cumin Seeds Powder and Garlic. We can serve it with Rice, Appam and Chapati.
Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Potato - 3
Tomato - 1
Shallots - 10
Onion - 1
Garlic Cloves - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 3 teaspoon
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Tamarind Pulp - 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - To Taste
Water - As required to cooking.
- Remove the peel of Potato and wash well and cut it as cubes and keep it aside.
- Wash Tomato well and wash it well and slice it thin and lengthy.
- Remove the peels of both Shallots and Onion and wash well and chop it.
- Remove the peel of Garlic Cloves and wash well and crush it.
- In a pan, put Potato Pieces, sliced Tomato, chopped Shallots and Onion , some Curry Leaves, Salt to taste and enough Water to cook .
- Cover the pan with lid and cook it well under medium flame and keep it aside.
- Heat another pan and heat both Coconut Oil and Ghee together and splutter Mustard Seeds in it.
- To this add Fenugreek Seeds and fry it well.
- Add crushed Garlic and Curry Leaves to this saute and fry well.
- Turn down the fire and add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Cumin Seeds Powder and Curry Leaves powder and saute well for sometimes.
- To this add well-cooked Potato mix and add Tamarind Pulp and mix well.
- Boil it well and make it thick as you desired and add Asafoetida Powder and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and transfer it in a serving bowl and serve it with Rice, chapati and bread.